Jonas Victor Swenson Family Photos

Monday, December 12, 2011

90. November 5, 1925 Part 2

Jonas Victor talks of problems of smaller churches--says "preacher must speak English" for younger ones.   In Sweden there was a law passed that changed the farms, so some had to move from their homes.  He asks about it in Hamra.  Roselyn


Randolph, KS November 5, 1925  Part 2


     The small churches have difficulty paying the preacher because the salary is high.  The preacher must speak English, or the young people will go to the American churches.  There are several churches that cannot pay a preacher.  The small churches are closing.  The big towns have large mission churches.
     There are big revivals in this country.  The largest churches are all unanimous against anything new.  They have been gathering together for several days.  It seems that they do not believe more than what they can see and what the brain can understand.  It is good to know that God has the power to do what is best.
      There has always been a disagreement about the Bible, but the Bible will exist when heaven and earth come to an end.  The colleges are a danger for the young people.
     My thoughts are with you, and I wonder how you are feeling.  Dear brother, if you are well and can, write to me.  I want to know how everything is, if Fia (his sister Sofia) in Aggebo still is alive and how it is in Hamra. There should be a lawful partition in Hamra.  If it has been done, let me know the results.  Perhaps some had to move away.  It is nice to hear about the place where I used to live.
     It is good for us that we may have our hope and trust in God.  When I go around, my old friends are gone, and I ask myself why I am here so long.  I want to be beside my wife, but at the same time, I want to be satisfied with God's leadership and care.  The day is coming soon, when I will do my last moving.
     I am doing well.  Everybody is kind to me and do the best they can for my well being.  God is good.  Until now the Lord has helped us sinners.  He forgives.
     I hope that my letter finds you in good health and well being.


Kindly,


JV. Svenson.


I would like an answer.
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment