Jonas Victor Swenson Family Photos

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

44 1905?

This is only part of a letter Irene thinks was written some time in 1905.  He regrets that part of Spakarp has been sold.  Albert, Oskar and Gottfried are his younger brothers.


.........our  daughter Matilda, has 5 sons and 6 daughters, Alfred has no children.  They have a foster-daughter.  Karl Victor has 2 daughters and 1 son.  Henry has 4 daughters.  Gustaf has 1 daughter and 1 son.  Petter Luther has 1 daughter.  Theodore is not married.  He was married for 10 months before his wife died.  He has not married again.  He mourns for his wife yet.  
     The harvest this year is not so good.  We have had too much rain in the early summer, so the fields could not be worked.  We had 13 acres of wheat and we got 429 bushels when it was threshed.  It makes good feed-stuff.  We had a fine summer and autumn.  We have not had snow yet.
     Brother Albert, I have thought that it was not right that half of Spakarp should be in other peoples's hands.  I don't know who the new owner is now.  If I had thought that would happen, I would have tried to buy it.  I am glad to hear that you live a just and peaceable life and go to prayer meetings.
     However, I am sorry to hear how Oskar and Gottfried spend their days.  May God convince them they are in sin so they will be better.
     When I look around here, I find that nearly all of my age have gone away.  What I hear from you is that there are only some who are 70 years of age there.
     May God keep us to be ready when he comes.  Dear regards from us to all of you.


J. V. Svenson

No comments:

Post a Comment